Why is it that people feel the need to light off fireworks not only on the 4th of July but also the following 8 or 9 days? I blame the firework sales after the Fourth. Much like Halloween candy on November 1st it’s hard to walk by a display that says 30% off and not spend a couple of bucks. I like fireworks as much as the next guy– I had a healthy fascination with fire at a very young age (no one was hurt!) but now I have a dog who hates fireworks which leaves me sitting in the bathroom with her after every boom as she cowers in the tub.
Over the holiday weekend, When I wasn’t hanging out in the bathroom, I was enjoying some well-deserved time on my Grandpa’s lake with my family. Fishing, jet skiing, bonfires, cookouts and the occasional firework; it was a good time.
While I was there a friend of mine and Britt’s from Charlotte was in the area and decided to spend the fourth with us. He works for a marketing company in the summer traveling around to events and giving out samples of products. This summer he was working for McDonald’s and pushing their pineapple mango smoothies. Since it was is only mode of transportation, he drove over in his giant McCafe truck and served up some smoothie samples to the whole family! It was pretty awesome:
- RT @ChristianRock20: Have you checked out our interviews with @FamilyForce5 and @PhilmontRock? Well for a short time you can listen here. h… 3 months ago
- GET IT! $10 for 17 unreleased tracks! Philmontrock.bandcamp.com https://t.co/uVuA5Xmsff 3 months ago
- Tune in to our Facebook Live listening party at 6PM (CST) Sunday! Scott & Josiah (+special guests) taking question… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 months ago
- PRE-ORDER our new collection "Leftovers" and receive 3 songs NOW! 10 bucks for 17 songs! philmontrock.bandcamp.com https://t.co/hllYRRC23V 3 months ago
- SURPRISE! PhilmontRock.Bandcamp.com https://t.co/8ZsyHKZBJI 4 months ago