Skip navigation

This weekend we drove up to Naperville, IL. The drive should have taken around 12 hours… It took us right at 17. We hit some ridiculous traffic on a two lane road in West Virginia. We were sitting in one place for a good hour. Most people would have sat there frustrated, waiting for it to let up. We decided that it would be a good time to get out and play football in the street. We were all out there, even our new addition to the road, Scott and Brittany’s dog, Mila.. who turned out to be much better at football than any of us. Once traffic released we continued on our way and reached Naperville at 2:30 in the morning. Luckily for us, we were staying with a pretty amazing family, so they were more than understanding.

The show we played was a lot of fun. It was a middle school/ high school half-night lock-in and we didn’t play until 10:00. Load-in was at 3:00 so we had time to hang out with the kids.. and play Call of Duty on our computers. They let us into the gym and learned to play a game called “Nukem” with the kids there, it’s kind of like volleyball. Just more interesting. They have their own cafe and gave us each our own “Philmont Smoothies” flavors! There was Strawberry Scott Bomb, Wildberry Josh, Josiah Kiwi Banana, Very Cherry Jeremi, Justin Mango, and Strawberry Brittany Banana. They even had Mila Scooby Snacks! I think I had three Wildberry Joshes.

This weekend we’ll be playing in Virginia Beach, so we’re pretty excited about that. Then after that we start our fall tour! It’ll be my first tour and the longest I’ve been out on the road. Keep an eye on our dates on our Myspace and see if we’re coming anywhere near you!

Only one week until the release of “The Transition EP”!



  1. HUUUUUUUUUUUZAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! I’M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And the smoothies are SO AWESOME, I want one!

  2. Aaaahh, the joys of the road!! Last weekend, my friend and I were driving back to Texas from Illinois (we went to a Needtobreathe show up there, and missed you guys in TX. Sad day!) and her review mirror kept falling off, so we had to stop every 25 minutes and re-duct-tape it. And we were dead tired, so we stopped to sleep for three hours. I’m not sure how it all happened, but our 13hr drive turned into 22hrs. Insane.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: